1. Some people think that …. To be frank, I can not agree with their opinion for the reasons below.
2. For years, … has been seen as …, but things are quite different now.
3. I believe the title statement is valid because….
4. I cannot entirely agree with the idea that …. I believe….
5. My argument for this view goes as follows.
6. Along with the development of…, more and more….
7. There is a long-running debate as to whether….
8. It is commonly/generally/widely/ believed /held/accepted/recognized that….
9. As far as I am concerned, I completely agree with the former/ the latter.
10. Before giving my opinion, I think it is essential to look at the argument of both sides.
1. A is completely / totally / entirely different from B.
2. A and B are different in some/every way / respect / aspect.
3. A and B differ in….
4. A differs from B in….
5. The difference between A and B is/lies in/exists in….
6. Compared with/In contrast to/Unlike A, B….
7. A…, on the other hand,/in contrast,/while/whereas B….
8. While it is generally believed that A …, I believe B….
9. Despite their similarities, A and B are also different.
10. Both A and B …. However, A…; on the other hand, B….
11. The most striking difference is that A…, while B….
1． There are several reasons for…, but in general, they come down to three major ones.
2． There are many factors that may account for…, but the following are the most typical ones.
3． Many ways can contribute to solving this problem, but the following ones may be most effective.
4． Generally, the advantages can be listed as follows.
5． The reasons are as follows.
1. Because/Since we read the book, we have learned a lot.
2. If we read the book, we would learn a lot.
3. We read the book; as a result / therefore / thus / hence / consequently / for this reason / because of this, we’ve learned a lot.
4. As a result of /Because of/Due to/Owing to reading the book, we’ve learned a lot.
5. The cause of/reason for/overweight is eating too much.
6. Overweight is caused by/due to/because of eating too much.
7. The effect/consequence/result of eating too much is overweight.
8. Eating too much causes/results in/leads to overweight.
1. Here is one more example.
2. Take … for example.
3. The same is true of….
4. This offers a typical instance of….
5. We may quote a common example of….
6. Just think of….
1． From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw the conclusion that….
2． Taking into account all the factors, we may safely come to the conclusion that….
3． Judging from all the evidence offered, we may safely arrive at/reach the conclusion that….
4． All the evidence supports a sound conclusion that…
5． From what is mentioned above, we may come to the conclusion that…
6． To sum up/draw a conclusion, we find that….
7． In short/brief/a word/conclusion/sum/, it is….
8. Therefore/Thus/Then, it can be inferred/concluded/deduced that….
9. From/Through/According to what has been discussed above, we can come to/reach/arrive at/draw the conclusion that….
10. It is believed that….
1. As far as I am concerned, I agree with the latter opinion to some extent.
2. As far as I am concerned, I am really/completely in favor of the test/policy.
3. In conclusion/a word, I believe that….
4. There is some truth in both arguments, but I think the disadvantages of… outweigh its advantages.
5. In my opinion/view, we should….
6. As for me, I….
7. As I see it, ….
8. From my point of view, ….
9. Personally, I think….
10. My view is that….
11. I think/consider….
12. I take/hold a negative/positive view of….
1. It’s high time that we tried every possible means to put an end to….
2. It’s really high time we took measures to solve the problem of/put an end to.…
3. There is still a long way to go towards solving the problem. We hope that efforts should be made to….
4. We must search for a quick action, because the present situation of… will surely lead to the end of….
5. There is no easy solution to the problem of…, but… might be useful.
6. There is no quick answer to the question of…, but … might be helpful.
7. It is necessary that effective/proper/quick actions/steps/measures be taken to….
8. It’s suggested that great efforts be made to….
9. It’s apparent/clear/obvious that the task of… requires immediate/considerable/great attention/efforts/consideration.
10. To check/control the tendency/trend is no easy task, and it requires a good/deep awareness/consciousness/understanding of….
1. It is a fact that….
2. It is well-known that….
3. There is no doubt that….
4. I think that….
5. Contrary to the popular thought, I prefer….
6. Some people say/believe/claim that….
7. It is generally believed that….
8. It is widely accepted that….
9. It is argued/held that….
10. While it is commonly believed that…, I believe….
11. It can be concluded that….
12. People’s views vary from person to person.
1. The table/diagram/bar chart/pie graph/tree diagram/curve graph /column chart shows/illustrates/reveals/describes/depicts/reflects that/how….
2. The graph provides some interesting data regarding….
3. The data/statistics/figures can be interpreted as follows:
4. The data/statistics/figures lead us to the conclusion that….
5. As is shown/demonstrated/exhibited in the diagram/graph/chart/table, ….
6. It is clear/apparent from the table/chart/diagram/figures that….
7. The vertical/horizontal axis stands for….
8. There was rapid/noticeable/great/sharp/steep/remarkable/slow/little/slight/gradual rise/increase/decrease/fall/decline/drop/change in development in ….
9. The percentage remained steady/stable at….
10. The figures stayed the same….
11. The figures bottomed out/peaked at….
12. The figures reached the bottom/a peak/a plateau during….
1. I am writing to you in the hope that you could do me a favor to improve the horrible situation.
2. I would like some detailed information on/about….
3. I would be grateful if you could let me have details of ….
4. I am writing to request some necessary information about….
5. I am greatly concerned about….
6. My appreciation to you for your generous help is beyond words. I wish I could repay it one day.
7. Thank you very much for the kindness you showed me during….
8. It is my pleasure/a great honor for me to extend an invitation to/invite you to….
9. I will be expecting you, so do not disappoint me.
10. I wish to apply for the position of… with your company.
11. I graduated with a BA degree in…from…in….
12. I am very excited and delighted over the good news that you are recruiting a….
1) Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.
2) We shall fight him by land, we shall fight him by sea, and we shall fight him in the air.
3) I am learning how to study, how to organize my time, and how to concentrate.
4) We must believe that we have the knowledge, and that we are competent enough to fulfil the task.
2． 省略句： 省略不影响句子意义的词
1) Although exhausted by the demanding job, they refused to give up.
2) The road is very slippery as if covered with ice.
3) The sooner, the better.
4) Friends can be more dangerous than we sometimes suspect; developing real lifelong friendships much more difficult than we are willing to acknowledge.
5) Reformers are optimistic, conservatives pessimistic; conservatives live for the past, reformers the present and the future.
1) In vain did they try to persuade the USA to give up violence.
2) Only by so doing can we expect to stop further pollution and create a better world for us and the future generations to live in.
3) Here comes the opportunity you have been longing for to realize your dream.
4) To such an extent have they polluted the area that plants can not grow.